I get a lot of crochet newsletters every week and have been really inspired by all the pretty and cute valentines crafts, and those inspired me to make these fingerless valentine gloves. I think they'd also look really gorgeous with some thin satin ribbon threaded through the cuff or the top. They also look nice without the ruffles on top, so you can stop crocheting there too.
As usual if there's any corrections or questions you can email me:
Size G6/4mm hook
WW yarn - any color I used plain red redheart yarn sport weight
Start with the cuff, worked across from side to side:
1) Single crochet in the second chain from hook and each chain across. Turn.
2) Chain 3. Double crochet in each stitch across, turn.
3) Chain 1, single crochet in each chain across, turn.
Repeat rows 2 and 3 until this cuff can fit around your arm (remember not to make it too big - it stretches!)
Once you have a good size (mine was 16 rows ) ending with a double crochet row:
sew the two sides together by single crocheting them, then go back up to the top by slip stitches.
Now you make the glove part:
1) chain 1. Single crochet in each top chain to make stitches all around (I made 27, yours will be more or less depending on how big your cuff was)
2) Now, single crochet in first stitch, then single crochet in the back loop. Repeat this pattern all around, joining with a slip stitch. Repeat for 3 rounds, starting each round with a chain 1.
3) For the next round, single crochet in 2 stitches, then *skip 1 and make 2 chains and single crochet in the next two stitches*. repeat from * to * entire round.
4) Chain 3. *Double crochet in 2 stitches, then do 2 double crochet in each chain 2 space*. Repeat from * to * entire round.
5) The nest round, you'll make the thumbhole:
Single crochet 1 stitch front , 1 stitch back loop for this round to the last 4 stitches. Chain 8 (10 to 12 for larger sizes) and skip the next 10-12 stitches depending on how big your cuff is. Slip stitch in the 9th (or next) stitch to join. (you'll leave the thumbhole unworked).
6) Single crochet this new round by doing 1 stitch in the front loop and 1 stitch in the back loop. Slip stitch to join.
7) chain 1, Single crochet in next two stitches, *chain 2, skip 1 stitch and single crochet in next two stitches*. Repeat from * to * for round.
8) Chain 3, double crochet in each stitch around and do 2 double crochet in each chain 2 space around.
9) Now you can decide if you want the ruffles on top or not. If you dont, do a round of single crochet here and fasten off or continue to your desired size. If you want the ruffles, decide if one more round will be long enough glove for you, or do more rounds of single crochet depending on how long you want the glove. When you have your desired size, do 3 single crochet in every other stitch around to make ruffles. Slip stitch to join and fasten off!
I hope you like this pattern and happy valentines day!