Not only are they mostly quick and easy to make, but the kids love to help stir the batter, and roll the cookies onto the pan!
Plus everyone loves to eat them up!
I have been trying out a ton of different chocolate chip cookie recipes lately in hopes of finding a really good, soft and chewy one! And I have!
Plus I have a great tip below the recipe that I find makes ANY cookie recipe extra delicious!
So here it is!
Now before I continue I am telling you that I put some food coloring in these for Valentines Day - they didn't really come out red, but they're yummy! So that's why they have a different color :)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 C)
- Sift together the flour, baking soda.
- In a separate bowl cream the brown sugar, white sugar, butter until well mixed. Then add in remainder of ingredients and mix until blended. Add in the dry ingredients and mix together to form a somewhat stick dough.
- Roll dough into balls by the spoonful and place on cookie sheet, at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes for crisper cookie or use my tip below!
My Tip|: Bake the cookies for only 5-6 minutes. The bottoms will be slightly firm and slightly browned, the tops will look undone. Let the cookies sit on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a dish to cool. This makes the cookies soft, gooey and sooo good no matter which recipe you use! YUM!
I hope you enjoy these with your loved ones!
Happy Valentines Day!