So, with us living way out far from any grocery store, I had to be creative! Then, I discovered at the back of my pantry - Molasses! (I love it when you think you have nothing but then clean out your cupboards and actually have something - yes!!)
So I decided to make some Molasses cookies - things I have seen in the grocery store before, but have never attempted myself. And let me tell you, store bought is not even comparable to homemade! (as with pretty much all things!)
So here is my recipe for Sugar Rolled Molasses Cookies!
I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups + 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- Slowly add in wet ingredients while stirring - margarine, egg, and molasses.
- Put 1/2 cup remaining sugar in a small bowl.
- Roll your cookie dough into small balls about 1 tbsp each. Roll these balls in the sugar, coating all over.
- Pop in the oven for about 10 minutes or until they look 'puffed up' and slightly browned.
- Let cool for 3 minutes and finally - enjoy!
I hope you all love these as much as we did!
Happy Baking for your happy home <3 div="">